Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Time and Date

Homecoming this year will be the weekend of Friday, November 7 through Sunday, November 9, 2008. This is a good year for us to meet in Cleveland, I think, because it shouldn't be a reunion-year for any of us. The schedule for homecoming is not available yet, so I don't know if there are events, Greek club gathering, or performances any of you are interested in attending. For the sake of argument here's what I'm proposing we do:

On Saturday, November 8th we get together with our families in the evening and enjoy a catered meal together. I'd like to have some sort of presentation of photos and memories and speeches (more information on that soon). This provides people with the option of traveling after work Friday and leaving Sunday if they need to, and also gives folks some time to enjoy Lee's Homecoming events.

I'm not anticipating the costs to exceed anything we would pay to just go out and have dinner somewhere together. In fact, I am checking out restaurants with private dining rooms.

Our other option is to use a hotel meeting/reception room and then have caterers come in.

Anyone have a membership to the Country Club? (haha)

PLEASE! Let me know if you have any problems with these plans (or if you have any of our missing email addresses)...

3 comments:

Erin said...

So the little voting poll won't let me vote, but my vote would be for getting together in the afternoon/early evening at a hotel or restaurant. I say this because my daughter goes to bed at like 7 p.m., so the evening would be difficult unless I just don't bring her. Not sure if anyone else has this issue, but I thought I'd bring it up.

mKla said...

This is a *very* good suggestion, and one I'm glad you brought up. I'm still pre-children and not always thinking along their schedule. Early evening or late afternoon is a great idea.

Anonymous said...

Early afternoon, late evening sounds great here. I really hope I can make it... I will do my best. I also vote for a hotel or restaurant. If we come we would probably not be getting a hotel room though as we have family in the area we would more than likely stay with so don't count me in for the hotel room count if you go that route. Thanks for planning all this!!!