Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Looking Good

We've got some excellent options for our reunion!

First: Anita Ray has said she'd be happy to find us a room on campus (maybe in one of those crazy new buildings they didn't used to have), but I don't know what the terms/conditions are for that.

Second: The Museum Center at Five Points has a pretty cool room for rent where we could have a catered meal, and the price is good. Fortunately catering is also fairly cheap in Cleveland.

Thirdly: The Holiday Inn has a room available, too, and they will cater. They're a little pricier than the others (though still reasonable) *but* they are offering room-rates of $64 a night for our guests.


If there is a good number of us present (i.e. 40 people), then we can probably make this work at a cost of $75 per couple, and $50 per single person. Since all of our children are very young they don't affect costs. This charge would cover the room at the Holiday Inn, with their catering, and such a reservation will guarantee us a good overnight room-rate.

However, if we end up being a much smaller group, then we probably will do just fine on campus.

And if there's only about eight of us we're going to O'Charlie's.

3 comments:

RaeAnna Goss said...

I've just caught up on all the blogs! Nick and I will be there!

I'll scan some pix - do you want us to put them on some sort of photobucket or flikr site? Or, should we just put them on a CD?

Drinks sound good to me! (As long as I'm not preggo!)

Any of the housing options are great!

Music: U2!!! (I think we all played that CD a trillion times in the Rec center at Hamilton Inn!)

I've been calling Lee to try to get Laura's info. I think the network must be down. I can't get through on the websites or phones. I'll try again later!

An invitation to Dr. Hoffman would probably be nice - I'm indifferent.

Thanks for all the work you've put into this reunion! Can't wait!

Jo said...

Hey, I am planning on coming, probably by myself with the new baby (he/she will be about 3 months old). I won’t need a room since my sister in law is renting my old house I'm pretty sure I can crash in her basement. I'm trying to convince Tiffani to fly with me so she may stay with me too?? Whatever you guys plan will work because I am sure my sis in law will jump at the chance to baby-sit the little one.

Music, yeah U2, also remember those of us that went to the Delirious concert? Maybe one or two of their more popular tunes?

Photos, I can scan them in and send them via Costco, Walgreen’s, cd, whatever you prefer...let me know.

I think that is all - by the way I go in for a c-section for my breech baby next Friday so say a little prayer for me :)

Tamara said...

Since I am still in CleVagus, I am game for whatever. I will try to dig out some old pics and scan them...maybe in the next weekend or so. By the way, Michaela, you are rockin to cash box with this planning committee!