Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back to School

Hard to believe our summer is coming to an end! (Of course, here in central Georgia it's still as hot as ever). With school beginning, though, it makes November and homecoming seem a little closer!

What I've ended up deciding for us is to do this reunion where it ought to be: on campus. It's so economical, they can supply all our needs, and it's the University which brought us all together in the first place. Anita Ray has been happy to help, and is including us in her brochure of reunions around campus. We'll be on the 2nd floor of the new Leonard Center (no clue where that one is), and of course it will be catered.

Now, this doesn't give us a hotel discount. In order to procure a discount generally a block of 10 rooms has to be reserved, and I don't think we have 10 couples who are certainly needing a hotel. However, since we don't have to pay for a room-rental fee, the overall cost is much lower.

So: On Saturday, November 8 at 4:00 we have a reunion scheduled! I hope that you all can be there, but understand not everyone will make it. However, can I get you all to tell me if there's a possibility or not? There are some of you who I haven't heard anything from at all! tough crowd...

RaeAnna sent me some fabulous pictures via shutterfly that completely took me back (I know we think we have all the same photos, but we don't!). Unfortunately, though, I can't manipulate pictures sent on a sight like that. All I can do is order prints, etc.

What I want to do is have all the photos on my computer, so that I can make a slide show using my software. I don't mind you emailing me pictures, but I understand that can take a while if you have a lot to upload. Perhaps placing your pictures in a .zip file would help, though. Finally, if you use Yahoo, then you can upload pictures to Flikr, and if you use Gmail you can upload to Picasa: both of these enable me to "down load" your photos onto my computer. If you don't use either of those... I'm sure we can come up with something!

I began scanning pictures yesterday, and it is not so simple... I understand. Maybe we'll just put together a highlight reel? Pictures of kids and marriages and "where are they now" are also welcomed!

Finally: does anyone have any idea how to find Paul Van Fleet? I know he graduated from Southeastern University in Lakeland, and I even saw a write-up about him on the alumni page for that school, but no luck in finding his contact information. He and Sarah Walker are the last ones...

1 comment:

Sara Michelle said...

I plan on being at the reunion. So exciting!!